Our Mission Statement
The goal of Chance 4 Change is to promote self-awareness, self-esteem, self-determination and self-acceptance within the consumer so that he or she can maximize the benefits of the community and live in the least restrictive environment possible. Our agency strives to promote honesty, integrity, dedication, education, and compassion, through the hiring and on-going training of all individuals interacting with a consumer residing in the community.
Chance 4 Change was formed to provide services to those individuals who require up to 24-hour supervision, training, and support services. This agency’s goals are to enable the individual with disabilities, with or without behavioral barriers, to live safely in the community, in their own home with support. In order to achieve our goals we provide the following program:
Supported Living Services (SLS)
SLS provides up to 24-hour supervision, training and support to adults in the areas of personal care, social skills, safety in the community, household management, financial management, social/sexual relationship skills, and employment opportunities. The goal for the individual is to live in the least restrictive environment, utilizing non-adversive intervention techniques.
Who is Eligible?
- Must be an individual who is age 18 or older;
- Must be an individual who resides currently (or in the immediate future) in the services area;
- Must be an individual who is intellectually challenged, Autistic, Epileptic or has Cerebral Palsy. Individuals may also be mentally disabled or otherwise have been found eligible for Regional Center services;
- May be and individual who is deaf, deaf/blind or aphasic;
- May be an individual who has physically disabilities;
- May be an individual who has medical issues;
- Must be an individual who expresses a desire to live independently.
Geographical Areas Served
- Sonoma County with a local office in Santa Rosa, CA
- Solano County with a local office in Fairfield, CA
- Humboldt County with a local office in Eureka, CA
- Del Norte County with a local office in Crescent City, CA
- Contra Costa County with a local office in Martinez, CA
- Amador County with a local office in Jackson, CA
How Do I Get Started with Change 4 Change?
- Once you have decided you would like to receive services from Chance 4 Change, just contact your local Regional Center Service Coordinator, who will make the necessary referral.
- After an assessment, Chance 4 Change determines if we will be able to meet your needs.
- Then you or your authorized representative (parent, guardian, conservator) consents to the placement and the Regional Center contracts services with Chance 4 Change.